Monday, October 15, 2012

Soho Sushi South

My friend Emelia enjoying a pork dumpling

              Soho Sushi of South Tampa


  One of Tampa's best sushi spots, Soho Sushi is located on Kennedy Boulevard, near the Himes and Kennedy intersection.  Their rolls are always super fresh, and contain great quality seafood.  You can tell that Soho invests a lot of money in their ingredients.  No skimping here.  If you order the "lobster fresh roll" you get chunks of real lobster.  And when crab is an ingredient in a roll, don't even worry about getting "krab", the fake meat.  My friend Emelia and I stopped my Soho Sushi for lunch last week.  At about one pm, it wasn't crowded at all.  Service was quick, to the point, and friendly. 




description of one of Soho's most popular rolls
our rolls and pork dumplings

tuna and lettuce wrapped in rice paper
 (spicy tuna fresh roll)



tuna tar tar
  Unfortunately, it was a little too early for us to enjoy one of Soho's tasty looking alcoholic beverages, like their "Sake-tini" (sake infused martini), but we will definitely be back. 


Their hot food, like the pork dumplings, nearly out does the suhi !  Delicious home made wontons stuffed with pork, celery, onions, and spices were to die for.  The chicken fried rice was filled with tender chunks of perfectly grilled chicken, and crisp, fresh veggies.   I'd rank Soho Sushi among the top 3 best sushi places in town. 




4 comments:

  1. By the looks of your pictures I regretfully say I have not made it to this place. It looks yummy and can't wait to get my butt there. I love a great sushi meal with a sake infused martini on the side. Or pork dumplings and wontons are good too. When I take my first trip there, I am definately going to get the spicy tuna in rice paper. Thanks for the Soho Sushi post, now I'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to the SoHo Sushi up in North Tampa on Bearss and Bruce B Downs, it's small and quaint, but the one on Kenney looks so much nicer. The one up here is always packed for dinner and sometimes even for lunch. By the looks of your pictures, The Boyfriend and I will have to go to the one on Kennedy next time we go into the city! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Soho Sushi South one time, and I loved my experience there. I've heard their crab ragoons/wontons are really good, but I've yet to try it. However, your picture of Tuna Tar Tar looks reallllyyy good, and I want to eat that with Fresh Salmon instead of Tuna.

    How are their prices? Was the whole mean at a worthy cost?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big sushi fan and I'd really want to know if this place is better than Ichiban. I've heard about Soho sushi and it's good to actually get a semi-professional food review with pictures. This was really helpful

    ReplyDelete