Tuesday, October 30, 2012

An Open Letter to My Personal Trainer

 

   You're "up and at em'" at a quarter to six a.m, clipboard and stopwatch in hand.  You feign interest in my body mass index improvements, and act genuinely excited that I've dropped three pounds in five weeks.  You set up a meal plan for me that can be used for an entire month.  You even include a handy shopping list for me to use at the grocery store.  You share your "Redline" energy drink with me, and bear with me when I'm two weeks late with the money I owe you.  You fall over laughing as I lay down on the gym floor, rather than do my last set of pushups.  Yet you stay until I finish.  You see me at the bar, and snatch away my captain n' coke.  You replace it with a vodka and soda water.  You use the elliptical with me, even though it looks a little silly.  

You, my friend, are committed to me and my health.  That makes one of us.

   To my personal trainer, Joe, I owe a sincere apology.  I'm sorry for blowing all those squats and lunges we did with the 50 grams of glorious saturated fat found in some Ben n Jerry's. 










 At the time, the melty, carmel/chocolate/marshmallow concoction was just too much to resist.  Watching Mad Men re-runs while shoveling all those glorious calories into my mouth was so much more appealing at the time than a handful of sauteed spinach or thirty minutes on the stairclimber.

 So, Joe, for wasting your efforts, and falling victim to Ben n Jerrys, I am sorry.  I owe you several thousand push ups.





4 comments:

  1. Hahaha whenever at the gym I always regret the beer and drink I had the weekend before. It's a nonstop battle but it's nice to read that I am not the only one fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of the best sorry letters I have read on here. It is so true too. We try our best to not drink too much on the weekends but things happen. Then, It's back to hitting the gym extremely hard to get rid of all those crappy calories we just had. Good thing I do not have one of these trainers to put me through more pain. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa- yep, so true. I bet I could drop ten pounds in a month if I didn't drink so often. :(

    SSG- haha yes, I do not have a trainer either. I just thought it'd be a good idea for an apology blog. I can't afford that sh*t ! haha most at my gym are, like 50 bucks an hour. I'd rather spend that on... drinks and ice cream. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a creative idea for an apology letter, it had me cracking up in bed. I especially love how you show the Ben and Jerrry's twice, it's almost like a comedic effect. Don't worry though, i'm sure Joe will forgive you. (as long as you pay him off in push-ups)

    ReplyDelete